halfway point and movie dates
A huge wave of relief came over me as I crossed a big line on no.7 in my to-do-list. The list goes up to no.15. So a few more exams and papers to finish within the next 6 weeks and I can finally breathe. This is definitely the worst semester of my life.
I’m very excited about the coming weeks though because it’s the usual time of the year that Hollywood bombards us with decent movies. Here are the movies that I hope to catch when they hit the theaters:
1) The History Boys – I’m still bummed about missing the Broadway show. The play got rave reviews but unfortunately, the trailer for the film version looks like a “Dead Poets Society” rip-off.
2) Blood Diamond – Edward Zwick – reason enough to see the movie
3) The Good German
4) Dreamgirls – I’m seeing it on Thursday! I hope Jennifer Hudson steals the movie.
5) Venus – James had nothing but great things to say about the movie and Peter O’Toole’s performance
6) The Pursuit of Happyness
7) The Good Shepherd
8) Children of Men – from my all-time favorite British murder-mystery writer PD James. Although this one is sci-fi
9) Notes on a Scandal
10) Perfume – it’s a Tom Twyker film so I want to see it but James was not impressed
11) Pan’s Labyrinth – I’ve enjoyed almost all of Guillermo del Toro’s films
12) Curse of the Golden Flower – Gong Li and Zhang Yimou reunited
13) Apocalypto
14) Casino Royale – I love Daniel Craig. He was awesome in Layer Cake. Very Bond-ish
15) Babel
16) The Queen – still haven’t seen it. L
17) Stranger Than Fiction
18) Volver
19) Little Children
20) Goya’s Ghost – if the film ever gets an American distributor
Boy… I’ll be busy this Christmas break…
I’m very excited about the coming weeks though because it’s the usual time of the year that Hollywood bombards us with decent movies. Here are the movies that I hope to catch when they hit the theaters:
1) The History Boys – I’m still bummed about missing the Broadway show. The play got rave reviews but unfortunately, the trailer for the film version looks like a “Dead Poets Society” rip-off.
2) Blood Diamond – Edward Zwick – reason enough to see the movie
3) The Good German
4) Dreamgirls – I’m seeing it on Thursday! I hope Jennifer Hudson steals the movie.
5) Venus – James had nothing but great things to say about the movie and Peter O’Toole’s performance
6) The Pursuit of Happyness
7) The Good Shepherd
8) Children of Men – from my all-time favorite British murder-mystery writer PD James. Although this one is sci-fi
9) Notes on a Scandal
10) Perfume – it’s a Tom Twyker film so I want to see it but James was not impressed
11) Pan’s Labyrinth – I’ve enjoyed almost all of Guillermo del Toro’s films
12) Curse of the Golden Flower – Gong Li and Zhang Yimou reunited
13) Apocalypto
14) Casino Royale – I love Daniel Craig. He was awesome in Layer Cake. Very Bond-ish
15) Babel
16) The Queen – still haven’t seen it. L
17) Stranger Than Fiction
18) Volver
19) Little Children
20) Goya’s Ghost – if the film ever gets an American distributor
Boy… I’ll be busy this Christmas break…

1 Comments:
Hey Sher,
How's the movie-watching going?
Darn the US trip is currently shelved. For the time being, that is. SOB. One day, Sheryl. One day.
Hugs.
Post a Comment
<< Home