Sunday, October 22, 2006

jabberwocky

Been busy with the usual stuff. I’m getting to know my spinal cord and medulla much more than I’d like to because of my neuroanatomy (class) exam. Had my chest x-ray - as expected, everything is within normal limits. My eye is better but still dependent on steroid eyedrops. I found this amusing article days ago about bad cover letters. A company compiled excerpts of the worst cover letters they’ve received and some of them are funny.

"I am seeking a new position as I have recently been laid."

"Another reason [you should hire me is] your web site is very unfriendly and may sway some clients into not working with you. People use websites of companies such as yours for research and your website thinks that it is witty, but comes off very dull and cheezy." [Editor's note: This is the first entry in a new category we call "Insult Your Way to the Top!"]

"I will be able to input your agency with a wide and nouveau perspective in the creative field."

"I am getting to my goal, slowly but surly."

"I am a motivated, self-igniting person who greatly entertains the challenges of bettering myself and the performance of work that I do."

For more… http://www.killianadvertising.com/coverletters.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home