Tuesday, October 10, 2006

glasses glued on my nose

Two ophthalmologists have strictly forbidden me to wear contact lenses for the next 3 weeks or so. =( I decided to visit my eye doctor after a week of experiencing bloodshot/irritated eyes, and intermittent cloudy/hazy vision. The eye exam was unpleasant because they subjected my eyes to painfully bright lights while my pupil was dilated. To make the story short, the diagnosis given was bilateral uveitis. Uveitis refers to the inflammation of the uvea. They found white blood cells in both of my eyes that the doctor said were not supposed to be there. The white blood cells only show up when called to fight some infection. So now, I need to get an appointment for a chest x-ray and a complete blood work to rule out systemic etiologies. In the meantime, I instill steroid eye drops every hour (!!!) and pupil dilation eye drops every night. Sigh, this is the most inconvenient time to be making all these medical appointments because I need to submit my proposal next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivannah said...

Heya, Glad you're back in blogworld. ;)
Hope u get better soon. I hate eye check-ups. I have to do the bright-light thingo and stuff every year. Think I've skipped one. Oooops!
Take care!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home