burned out
Sorry for the absence. Been busy and lazy. The first two chapters of my dissertation are due in two weeks so I have been working on it (slowly). The Nintendo Wii James got me for my birthday continues to distract me from doing my school work. :) That game console is simply awesome. My wrist, arm, shoulders, and back were sooooooooo sore after playing the game all weekend. The games are very engaging and prevent me from sitting on my butt all afternoon. Figure skating is also very active during this time of the year so I have been watching a lot of the competitions. My favorite skaters right now are Yu-na Kim (Korea), Emily Hughes (USA), and Caroline Zhang (USA). Caroline skates like Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen, unbelievably exquisite for a 13-year-old. Barring any injuries, she is the one to watch in the next Winter Olympics. Her spirals and spins are gorgeous, especially her unique spins where she does this one move that combines a layback and a biellman. She needs to work on her jumps though because they’re not difficult enough. She needs a triple-triple combination to successfully compete with the other senior skaters like Yu-na Kim, Mao Asada, and Kimmie Meisner.
To see what I’m talking about… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7nbNw1aMO4
I have been battling severe bouts of procrastination and apathy the past week. Probably symptoms of being burned-out. I’ve become indifferent towards exams and schoolwork. I have little motivation to study for exams. Sigh, I can’t wait to be done with school. After this, I will never ever go back to school again. Well, maybe except for relearning Mandarin.
Oh, one more thing, American Idol is not helping at all with my procrastination, hehe. 5 hours of AI a week? Geesh. The people who developed Tivo should get a Nobel prize. It allows me to skip all the commercials and all the bad performances, so I can watch a 2 hour show in 45-50 minutes. As much as I enjoy AI, it annoys me that there aren’t any episodes of House because of AI. I’ll take Hugh Laurie over that other miserable British guy anytime.
To see what I’m talking about… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7nbNw1aMO4
I have been battling severe bouts of procrastination and apathy the past week. Probably symptoms of being burned-out. I’ve become indifferent towards exams and schoolwork. I have little motivation to study for exams. Sigh, I can’t wait to be done with school. After this, I will never ever go back to school again. Well, maybe except for relearning Mandarin.
Oh, one more thing, American Idol is not helping at all with my procrastination, hehe. 5 hours of AI a week? Geesh. The people who developed Tivo should get a Nobel prize. It allows me to skip all the commercials and all the bad performances, so I can watch a 2 hour show in 45-50 minutes. As much as I enjoy AI, it annoys me that there aren’t any episodes of House because of AI. I’ll take Hugh Laurie over that other miserable British guy anytime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home